Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Days That Slow Down.

Some days just seem to drag on forever.
Others pass by before I can grasp what's going on.
The older we get, the faster time slips through my fingers.
Looking back at the things that I've done and what I've been through is kind of difficult to grasp.
I'm very nostalgic (if you haven't noticed).
I really can't help it.
I love remembering things.
It's kind of like a game for me.
I put the pieces together.
If something doesn't feel right or someone tells me something different, I try to put it together and figure out what's REALLY going on.
I keep focused on what matters.
If it doesn't jump out at me or affect me in some way, then I'm not going to worry about it.
That's why days go faster.
I try to put my attention on the "now" and process it.
Kind of like a memory card...minus the "erase" option.
Looking through old pictures and things of the sort, I don't know whether to be happy or thankful.
Or both for that matter.
I have those times where I remember those days and smile about it.
I also have those moments where I wish I had an "erase" button to completely forget it ever happened.
No matter how hard I seemed to try, I always remember.
The reason why?
Well, it impacted me.
Just because I don't like what happened doesn't mean I forget it.
Bad pieces remind me why I am the way I am.
I know I say that [previous] phrase all too often, but it's true.
I wouldn't be the same without it.
Dragging days are just part of life.
I seem to face them all to often, or so I feel like I do.
Take joy in the days that aren't so great.
Take joy in the moments where time feels like time is going to slow.
He gives us each of those moments.
We need to make the most of them.
Time will pass, days will feel like weeks, and things won't ever be completely the way you think, but I can promise that if you begin to focus on what God is doing, you will make the most of everyday.
He's no father time; He IS the Father of ALL.

1 comment:

  1. Love to read your blog, my sweet and sensitive girl. Hope you have a wonderful day every day!

    ReplyDelete