Saturday, August 25, 2012

Psalms.

Psalms is hands down my favorite book of the Bible.
It may be the longest, but it's well worth it.
Every verse I read can apply to my life in some sort of fashion.
Psalm 139:14 is my life verse.
"I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Every time I read that verse, I smile.
I AM fearfully and wonderfully made by Gods standards.
He created me in this image, and I have to do everything I can to be the best Shelby I can be.
His works are SO wonderful.
They touch and mold my life into what it's meant to be.
I know they are.
He has put me in a certain place for a certain reason.
I haven't exactly figured everything out and I probably never will, but I know for a fact that all the things that he is doing in my life right at this moment will forever be here and work out to show me things that I will eventually understand.
"My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge."
Psalm 62:7 explains so much for me.
If it wasn't for him, where would I be?
Everything I know, lived for, and will continue to live for, is God.
He made my past the way it is.
Everything in it happened for a reason.
He holds my future.
He holds my life in His mighty hands.
My life is built on Him.
He is where I turn to when I can't handle anything.
He is where I look to when everything is stress-free.
In Psalm 46, He says to be still and know that He is God.
He wants us to never forget who he is.
He is our God.
There is no other.
He created us in such an awesome imagine.
For He is my God, whom shall I fear?

I know I say this all too much, but I honestly don't know how I could live without Him.
He's given me so much and I take it for granted.
"Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." -Psalm 90:12
I usually end up asking myself questions.
"Why am I so ignorant?"
"Why can't things be different?"
"Why did these things happen to me?"
"When will this happen?"
"Can you hear me?"
The last question is one I say the most often.
Sometimes it feels like I'm talking to a ceiling or my steering wheel.
Yeah, it's silly, but it's the truth.
I end up yelling at inanimate objects and looking like a huge lunatic.
I've come to the realization that yes, I am a little bit crazy and that I'm okay with it.
I know that regardless of what I say, He hears me even when I think otherwise.
Psalm 73:25-28.
Holy bananas.
Can you believe that?
I will fail, that's just it!
I stay near You and take refuge in You, You will protect me.
You are my refuge and I will tell the world of Your works.
I am so unworthy of His mercy and grace but He gives it to me.
People may get sick of hearing that saying, but my heart will continue to shout it with joy.

Psalm 113.
Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment